(Obscur. Obsolet. Oblidat.)
During a certain period in my life, I felt the urge to visit and document all kinds of disused, shut down and derelict buildings in my homeland of Catalonia (and a few in other parts of Spain). I used to do that in quick one day trips, either alone or in the company of fellow explorers. I would get into all kinds of places: houses, factories, restaurants… And although those explorations usually involved trespassing and dealing with severely damaged structures, my quest was neither driven by the lure of transgression nor the thirst for adrenaline. It was rather an unconscious attempt to keep adulthood at bay in order to preserve the childish ability to look at the world as a place full of wonder. Looking back, I think it worked out pretty well for me.
O. O. O. was published as a photobook by Camera Infinita Books in 2017.
O. O. O. (the book)
- Photographs and text by Xavier Aragonès. Book design and curation by José de Almeida.
- Published 16th February, 2017.
- 1st edition, limited of 100.
- 34 photographs taken between 2008 and 2011.
- 54 pages, 29.7×21 cm. Hardcover, perfect bound.